Job type: Pharmacy Assistant - Full-Time
Pharmacy name & location: Calea, Burnaby, BC
Caring for Life. Make a difference. Be the difference.
Calea is Canada’s leader in the provision of products and services that safely and reliably support community-based infusion therapy, advanced wound care, and the need for general medical supplies. We are a community partner and licensed Pharmacy, providing expert solutions and support resources to healthcare professionals, hospitals, patients and their caregivers, and home care programs across the country. Calea supports patient care provided by regional health authorities in Home and Community Care services.
Our people, experience, systems, and facilities make us a trusted partner in delivering innovative, cost-effective, patient-focused care that preserves independence and enhances quality of life. With over 280 employees and pharmacy locations in four provinces, Calea is committed to continually advancing the delivery of safe, high-quality community care.
If you are looking to work for a growing, global corporation that is focused on making meaningful improvements in the safety, affordability, and availability of the care medical professionals provide to their patients, then you should consider Calea & Fresenius Kabi Canada. We are an employer that works to build great leaders, teams and businesses. We know our employees are key to everything we accomplish, so we give them the freedom and resources to reach their potential and the opportunity to work with managers who care about their professional development.
Schedule Monday-Friday, 7:30am-3:30pm & 8am-4pm on a rotational basis.
Changes with notice to schedule possible to meet growing business needs.
• Maintain inventories of sufficient supplies to meet production demands.
• Compound intravenous solutions for antibiotics and chemotherapy orders as per procedures.
• Prepare the various cleaning and stock solutions following compounding and measuring processes as outlined in procedures.
• Pick, inspect and verify all production components against production documents.
• Maintain strict adherence to line clearance principles through all stages of production.
• Perform validation, calibration, and microbiological monitoring and checking as required by standards.
• Ensure completion of all required Quality Assurance entries on production documentation.
• Complete in-process and final inspections of product as required by procedures.
• Assist in the cleaning of equipment, totes, and work surfaces and maintain facility compliance with Calea standards.
• Maintain and participate in inventory counts and picking for narcotic medication
• Enters and prints production for all current Home IV, Palliative, and TPN orders.
• Ensures 100% accurate collation of production documents according to procedures.
• Schedules and plots production for all I.V. medications.
• Responsible for programming CADD pumps.
• Handling of biohazard waste and cytotoxic materials.
• Completion of an accredited post-secondary pharmacy assistant education program
• Minimum two or more years of experience in a community hospital and/or pharmacy
• Excellent time-management, communication, and organizational skills
• Ability to handle multiple demands made simultaneously under short time constraints
• Flexible and adaptable to meet the requirements of our evolving business
Contact Name: Deanna Koo
Contact Position: Pharmacy Manager
Phone Number: 604-294-1500
Fax Number: 604-299-3940
Carmi Remedy’sRx-Penticton BC
Position Type: Full Time
Carmi Remedy’sRx is looking for an experienced pharmacy assistant to join our team. The assistant will support the pharmacy manager with daily operations in the pharmacy as well as ancillary front store maintenance. Preference will be given to candidates with professional compounding experience.
Home to the Heiltsuk First Nations people, the salmon, the whale and the bald eagle, Bella Bella is an island community on the beautiful BC “Inside Passage,” set in the rain forest at the edge of the ocean. The climate is mild and the area is a paradise for kayaking, sport fishing, hiking and photography.
We are hiring for a full-time, relief Pharmacy Assistant for the R.W. Large Memorial Hospital Pharmacy in Bella Bella. We operate from Monday to Friday during daytime hours. Our staff serves the community in the afternoons as well as the 16-bed hospital providing acute care, continuing care, and medical services. The job posting can be found on the Fraser Health website: https://careers.fraserhealth.
Come experience this special part of the world and be part of this small-but-mighty pharmacy team. Inquire about the opportunity and benefit of staying in hospital-provided accommodation!
Tucked between snow-capped coastal mountains, Bella Coola is at the end of a long, truly magnificent fjord, on the mainland coast of British Columbia. This west coast village is rich in history and aborginal culture. Here, where the mountains meet the sea, you'll discover a natural paradise and a community that extends a warm welcome to its health care professionals.
We are hiring for a full-time, permanent, Pharmacy Assistant for the Bella Coola General Hospital Pharmacy. We operate from Monday to Friday during daytime hours. Our staff serve the community in the afternoons as well as the 15-bed hospital providing acute care, long-term care, and medical services. Come be a part of this special, close-knit pharmacy team and experience life at the gateway to the Great Bear Rainforest!