CareRx is Canada’s leading provider of specialty pharmacy services to seniors. We serve more than 96,000 residents in over 1,600 seniors and other communities (long-term care homes, retirement homes, assisted living facilities, and group homes). We are a national organization with a large network of pharmacy fulfillment centres that allows us to deliver medications in a timely and cost-effective manner. We take an active role in working with our home operator partners to promote resident health, staff education, and medication system quality and efficiency.
Whether you do your best work in a dispensary, in a clinical setting, in an office, or on the road, we have a place for you.
Under the general direction of the designated Pharmacy Manager, the Registered Pharmacy Technician is responsible for ensuring that all prescriptions are dispensed accurately. Prescriptions are to be dispensed in compliance with provincial and federal laws, standards and regulations which govern the practice of pharmacy. We are committed to providing excellent patient care, with superior communication skills within a fast-paced environment that services the needs of our Homes. We provide an employee friendly team environment in which goal-oriented individuals thrive as they achieve demanding challenges
Link to Posting at host website
Epic Pharmacy in Tofino requires Pharmacy Technician
Position Job Description A rewarding career at Epic Pharmacy involves:
• Connecting with and serving our local communities
• Improving healthy medication use
• Advancing whole community wellness for mind, body and life
• Reducing barriers & elevating access to health services
• Collaborating inter-professionally with local health care providers
We seek a full time (4-5 days/week) Pharmacy Technician to enhance our patient care and allow us to increase our clinical services. We use progressive technologies and software and run a systemized operation allowing for freedom off the job. We may have a relaxed dress code and admirable work/life balance, but we also take our commitment to community wellness seriously!
What you can expect at Epic Pharmacy:
● full staffing, allowing you to work in full scope
● engaging team meetings where all voices contribute
● competitive wage with regularly scheduled increases
● medical/dental benefits including a health spending account
● paid birthday benefit
● in store product discount
● business incentive program
● community involvement benefit
● learning opportunities and advancement
● our schedule is created monthly so you can plan your life
● being part of an innovative and caring team
What you bring to Epic Pharmacy:
● secure, long term housing here in the community, we are willing to work with the right candidate in helping to secure housing, if needed
● an active fully registered Pharmacy Technician licence in good standing with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia
● excellent verbal and written communication skills – must be fluent in English
● high level of moral judgement for handling confidential information
● exceptional customer care, professional and personable communication skills
● competence for multitasking, prioritising workload and working in a fast paced environment
● basic computer skills and knowledge of programs (ie. Gmail and Google suite, MS Word) and ability to learn new simple softwares
● experience with Kroll (Telus Health) is an asset
● attention to detail and willingness to do repetitive tasks
● ability to lift up to 50lb and stand for long periods of time on shift
● passion for community connection and health promotion Pharmacy Technician Roles & Responsibilities
● Ensure systems are implemented and running efficiently.
● Support pharmacists for provision of excellent clinical services and pharmaceutical care
● Process clinically reviewed and approved medication orders for distribution to patients, clients, or residents.
● Receive verbal and non-verbal orders from prescribers and ensure orders are authentic and complete ● Transfer prescriptions to and from other pharmacies
● Prepare and process prescriptions (Enter orders. Count, measure, package or re-package medications and compound various sterile pharmaceutical products according to established procedures. Pre-package oral, liquid and topical medications into unit-of-use format.).
● Ensure accuracy and completeness of dispensed prescriptions and personal health information in the PharmaNet patient record.
● Perform the final check of processed and/or prepared prescriptions
● Maintain inventory stock levels and perform clerical duties as assigned.
● Complete daily and weekly medication wholesale orders.
● Present a professional and charismatic presence.
● Act as a senior point of contact for the pharmacy/health centre management, including handling and resolving complex issues.
● Complete patient or client care in a confidential and professional manner.
● Assist in ensuring retail pricing is done appropriately and invoices are received accurately.
● Manage day-to-day aspects of pharmacy/health care centre (i.e. maintenance, cleanliness, customer service, daily correspondence, and inventory).
● Ensure accurate data entry of client information.
● Perform other related duties as assigned.
Apply at: https://epicpharmacy.bamboohr.
The Pharmacy Technician processes medication orders that are clinically reviewed for therapeutic appropriateness and approved by a Pharmacist, as well as receive verbal and non-verbal prescriptions from practitioners and ensure that prescriptions are complete and authentic. *** Relocation allowance / assistance may be available for all this work opportunity!! ***
Temporary, Full-Time (Until December 30, 2022)