PTSBC is a member-focused non-profit organization whose aim is to support Pharmacy Technicians and Assistants in BC.
The purpose of the society is to:
- Promote education and communication
- Enhance and strengthen leadership capabilities
- Promote professionalism
- Act as a valuable resource for Pharmacy Technicians and Pharmacy Assistants in BC
We will achieve these by:
- Encouraging all Pharmacy Technicians, Pharmacy Assistants, Pharmacy Personnel and students to join PTSBC
- Increasing awareness through communication, continuing education, and networking
- Increasing involvement with other professional organizations in the field
- Keeping members informed on provincial and national initiatives and events within the profession
- Keeping members up-to-date on Regulation of Pharmacy Technicians at both a provincial and national level
- Supporting ongoing professional development and continuous learning opportunities
- Providing information on employment opportunities throughout the province
- Building and maintaining alliances with industry and other related members of the health care team
- PTSBC has no paid employees. All of those involved with the day to day operations of the PTSBC are volunteers.
- Membership fees provide valuable member services and benefits such as professional development.
We do what we say; We do it with respect; We do it fairly; We do it with integrity; We work as a team; We are accountable for our actions
To maximize member services and enhance the professional practice of pharmacy personnel through education and improved communication
The Pharmacy Technician Society of British Columbia is the leader for Pharmacy Technicians and Assistants in BC, and plays an integral part in optimizing pharmacy services.
The Pharmacy Technician Society of British Columbia was founded in May 2011 to provide leadership and support for Pharmacy Technicians and Pharmacy Assistants pursuing professional development.