Costco Pharmacy is looking to hire a Part-time Registered Pharmacy Technician for our Langford (Victoria) location.
The successful candidate should be motivated to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
Daily tasks and responsibilities:
- Assists Pharmacist in the filling and dispensing process of the prescription
- Assists patients at counters, retrieves prescriptions, processes register transactions
- Maintains inventory, orders and stocks drugs, supplies and OTC merchandise
- Completes verification for prescriptions to the extent permitted by provincial regulations
- Alert’s pharmacist of drug interactions in prescription and OTC medications
- Verifies prescriptions and refills with physicians by phone/fax as needed
- Takes verbal prescriptions from physicians to the extent permitted by provincial regulations
- Prepares third-party insurance claims
- Is able to practice within the Scope of Practice of Registered Technician with the College of Pharmacist of BC.
- Completed provincial Pharmacy Technician certification or completed a Pharmacy Technician course AND the Pharmacy Examination Board of Canada Qualifying exam
- Licensed as a Pharmacy Technician in good standing in BC
To Apply please submit resume to: