- Status: PERMANENT PART TIME (0.63 FTE)
- Hourly Wage: $29.86
- Position Summary
Have your Pharmacy Technician certificate and registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia? If the answer is ‘yes’ we would love to hear from you!
Join our team as we build clinical pharmacy practice across Interior Health through innovation, progression, and dedication! At Interior Health we provide room-to-grow and the opportunity to make a significant, personal contribution to the lives of others. If you seek the peace and tranquility of rural living, you’ll find it within the beautiful, natural setting of the Interior of British Columbia!
We are actively looking for a permanent part time (0.63 FTE) Pharmacy Technician to join our team at the Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops, B.C. Shift types for this position are days and shift times are from 07:00 to 15:30, 07:30 to 16:00, 08:30 to 17:00 hours.
As a registered Pharmacy Technician, you will operate in accordance with the competency guidelines and the scope of practice and standards of practice as outlined by the College of Pharmacists of BC, and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards and unit specific protocols.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes medication orders that are clinically reviewed for therapeutic appropriateness and approved by a Pharmacist.
- Receives verbal and non-verbal prescriptions from practitioners and ensures that prescriptions are complete and authentic.
- Prepares, processes and compounds prescriptions.
- Ensures the accuracy and completeness of dispensed prescriptions prepared by self or others by verifying order entries and/or performing the final check of dispensed prescriptions.
- Processes prescriptions for temporary inpatient leaves of absence.
- Transfers prescriptions to and receives prescriptions from other pharmacies.
- Enters and ensures the accuracy and completeness of drug and personal health information in the Pharmacy information system.
- Maintains stock levels and performs clerical duties as assigned.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
- Education, Training and Experience:
- Grade 12 and graduation from an accredited Pharmacy Technician program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Current practicing registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
Apply Now with Job ID #1594290: Jobs.interiorhealth.ca