PHARMACY NAME & LOCATION:
WHY Central Drugs. The main purpose of the organization is to provide Customer Care of all of our patients and customers. If you are looking for an organization that cares about and goes the extra mile for their customers, then Central Drugs is the place for you. Personalized health care is a priority for all of our staff, including our Pharmacists. The organization is locally owned and takes pride in being part of the community in Nanaimo.
Central Drugs is looking to hire a Pharmacy Technician to join our team!
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Good interpersonal skills when dealing with customers, staff, & management
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to relate to all levels of customers and their needs
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Ability to work as a team player and have a team approach
- Self-starter with a high level of enthusiasm
- Basic computer skills
- Registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the College of Pharmacists of BC
Job Type: Permanent Full-time
Experience: Pharmacy Technician: 1 year (Preferred)
Language: English (Required)
Full-time work is determined as 5 days per week, including weekends. No evenings.
Central Drugs offers competitive wages, comprehensive benefits program, employee discounts, access to confidential counselling program, and in-house training and development.
Pharmacy Technician Duties
- Fulfills all duties and skills as licensed by the College of Pharmacist of BC [HPA By-law 86, Schedule PT 1, 4]
- Serves customers in person and by phone, fax and email
- Receives prescriptions, collect and document customer information
- Carries out the technical duties of filling prescriptions, including blister packs, ensuring all prescription documentation is accurate and complete
- Provides prescription and usage information to customers
- Performs basic compounding
- Orders/re-orders prescription and non-prescription products and supplies as required
- Receives delivery of drug orders, working to detailed receiving procedures
- Stocks shelves with inventory inside pharmacy
- Bundles and files daily written prescriptions
- Maintains knowledge of home health care products and rentals
- Maintains basic Cashier skills and provides Cashier coverage as directed
- Performs diabetic meter demonstrations for patients
- Performs light cleaning duties
- Supports the Pharmacist with any tasks related to the operation of the pharmacy
- Available to work in any of the Company’s stores to support the needs of the business
Central Drugs is an equal opportunities employer and invites applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Contact Name: Kelly Wells
Contact Position: Human Resources Generalist