Company: Advanced Care Specialty Pharmacy
Location: Burnaby, BC
Description: Sterile Compounding Technician – Contract. 26 months.
Advanced Care Specialty Pharmacy is a provider of Complete Canadian Solutions to the life sciences industry. We partner with our clients to design and deliver logistic and service solutions at every stage of a product's life cycle.
We offer our clients:
- Customised solutions for Importation, Warehouse, Wholesale and Distribution
- Full-service Regulatory Affairs and Quality Control Services
- Clinical trial support
- Customer Service support
- Patient Assistance Programs
We employ healthcare professionals and support staff to provide our clients with the best services in our industry, if you are the best at what you do then you should join our team.
The Sterile Compounding Technician is responsible for aseptic preparation of pharmaceutical products in accordance with the guidelines set forth by the Pharmacy
- Provide technical expertise in the areas of aseptic technique in accordance with the applicable Sterile Preparation and Compounding regulations
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by following current standard operating procedures; complying with legal regulations; monitoring environment
- Operate, maintain, and monitor aseptic filling operations
- Maintain all training required for aseptic and compounding process
- Verify labels of all materials used in the preparation process
- Clean and sterilise the aseptic clean room, supplies and Laminar Airflow Hood in accordance with the pharmacy approved Principles of Asepsis
- Prepare and maintain all required reports and records including, area cleaning logs, equipment logs, and inventory logs
- Thoroughly and accurately complete documentation regarding the processing of materials
- Ensure supplies are assembled, disinfected and transferred to the Aseptic clean room appropriately
- Participate in the stock control, ordering and dispensing of aseptically compounded products
- Maintain and update aseptic supply as required
- Communicate with pharmacy team members for order quantity updates to ensure proper inventory levels
- Ensure time is accurately managed between the different aseptic compounded products so inventory levels are maintained
- Other duties in other areas of the pharmacy, as assigned
Education and job experience
- College Diploma from an accredited pharmacy institution
- 1-3 years pharmacy experience
- At least 1-year experience in Sterile Compounding / Aseptic Techniques.
- Knowledge of and experience with Sterile Compounding Preparations
- Familiar with USP 797 and NAPRA guidelines
- Perform all aseptic technical duties involved in sterile compounding.
- Ability to work independently in an aseptic environment
- Strong computer skills in a Windows environment using MS Office (Excel, Word)
- Knowledge of pharmacy software
- Highly organised with very strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to manage time, set priorities and multi-task in order to meet various competing work deadlines
- Flexibility in working overlapping shifts (i.e. one or two weekly 12 pm - 8 pm rotating shifts)
- Experience in healthcare is an asset
- This position requires a significant degree of precision and adherence to procedures and policies